Monday 25 July 2011

Bunting and washline cards

Okay! So I was going to start my blog at the begginning of July but have been way too busy, so I have a bit of catching up to do. July is allways a busy month as I have lots of friends with brithdays then. I wanted to create some cards that were really different so I thought I would add stitch and fabric! I'm loving summery bunting at the moment so that was my inspiration for these. They were so simple to make;
I started by chosing some fabrics (this was a good oportunity to raide my scraps box) and cut lots of little triangles which I stuck onto the card. I then used freehand machine embroidery to stich the bunting string on, but you can just as easily use a normal straight stitch for this!

I was really happy with the results!

I wanted to develop this a bit more so I created a couple in the same style with a clothes line design.
This was using the same technique, but was a little more tricky.

I added a bird and worm to this design- Originally the bird was going to be eating the worm, but I felt sad for the worm so I decided that they are actually having a little chat or a kiss <3

Back of the card

No comments:

Post a Comment