Sunday 7 October 2012

University

I must start my post by apologising for my lack of posting recently (I feel like I do this way too often!) but the last couple of months have been crazy! I started university in September at Winchester school of art studying fashion and textiles so will be posting more about what I get up to in the future.
 
So far we haven't done much practical work- just settling in. We have been given the project 'opposites attract' in which we have to produce a jersey/knitted outcome along with other samples. I have decided to look at: natural forms v man made and liquid v solid. My friend and I took a trip to the local Winnal Moors for some inspiraration and images. He is also a blogger so you can visit his blog here: http://f-t-d.blogspot.co.uk
 
I was focusing on the man-made v nature theme but also took some photos of water with the liquid theme in mind. Here are a few of my favourites:
 

I thought spiders webs might be interesting to look at for natural forms and could potentially inspire some knitwear.
 

 I think barbed wire contrasts well against the nature reserve.

 Okay, the following image has no relevance really but I thought it was sweet.

 
That's it for now, but I have been desperate to do some sewing (on my new machine which I have only had time to use once!!) and my next project in mind is a cushion cover or wall hanging with a freehand machine embroidery of a stag, like this one, only much bigger!
 
So watch this space...
 
Thanks for reading
Millie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment