Wednesday 22 August 2012

Fabric covered folder

In about a months time I will be going to university to study Fashion and Textiles design and in preperation I bought a lever arch file to keep patterns etc. in and decided to cover it in fabric to make it a little more exciting, and I chose a fabric with tape measures on as I thought that would be appropriate!
 
It was soo easy to do and took me back to the days in primary school and secondary school when I would cover my workbooks with old wrapping paper.


 Full of stuff allready...think I might have to make a few more :p
I started by covering portion by portion of the folder with a fabric glue (details of which I will put at the end of post), double sided tape also does the job but not to the same standard. I then covered the whole thing with fabric and turned the edges to the inside and stuck card on the inside covers to hide the messy bits!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment