Wednesday 22 August 2012

Liberty purse

I recently became the owner of some georgous liberty fabrics and was desperate to make them into something right away! I decided on a coin purse as it is a quick and easy project and I had a purse clasp I have been meaning to use! I am really pleased with it and it looks like a proper grown up purse too!

 I wasn't sure how the fabric was going to behave as it is a lawn which I haven't had much prior experience with, but I think it worked perfectly for this style of purse!
It was my first experience using a purse frame and I found it suprisingly easy to make the pattern (something I was previously worried about) as long as the top part of the pattern matches the purse frame you can have any shape purse you desire. I started with quite a basic purse shape and added extra into it so that I could gather it.
 
Outer fabric-Liberty from Fabrics galore http://www.fabricsgalore.co.uk/
 
 
I would definately recommend this as a project!
Thanks for reading,
Millie x

No comments:

Post a Comment